You should go here: http://www.visionforumministries.org/. I didn't realize people who think like this still existed. It's a long explanation to how I came upon this rather unfortunate website, so I'll save that for later (or not, unless you ask). If you click on "Statements of Doctrine" and then on "The Tenets of Biblical Patriarchy" you might see why I'm a little unnerved. But not severely so because Jimmy and I have just been laughing at most of what they say. Oh, and if you want a real laugh, go to their store at http://www.visionforum.com/. I think I'll be getting my
sons the All-American Boy's Crossbow for their 2nd birthdays.
3 comments:
I was planning to get Nathan an elmo t-shirt, but now that I have seen the catalog I think I will get him an "explorer's sword" and "boys throwing knife" instead.
Of course, when I quit my job because "it is not the ordinary and fitting role of women to work alongside men as their functional equals in public spheres of dominion" I will not be able to buy him anything (:
That is a hilarious comment :)
I personally think it's very odd that they have an entire society dedicated to the re-enactment of the Titanic disaster. I mean, who sits around and thinks this stuff up?
"Let's see Christian gentleman, on the agenda for this morning's women-and-children-free meeting we have a vote that needs to be taken: All those in favor of depicting the Titanic, say aye! p.s., those of you who vote nay will be relegated to the sub-society of females. Choose carefully, and as God would lead you."
Post a Comment