Saturday, January 28, 2012

August part II: Sculpture Park and First Day of School

Back in August the boys and some friends and I went to the Laumeier Sculpture Park in St. Louis.  It was really neat!  There were all kinds of giant sculptures.  The huge eye was a little strange, I'll have to admit.  The other weird thing was that there were signs all around saying not to stand on them or to touch them.  I found that very odd.  Rain, snow, hail, wind--no problem.  Little fingers--BIG PROBLEM.  It's not like these things are delicate.  They're made of metal (usually).  And they're big.  You can't really get a good picture of how big that red one is, but Nathan is hiding down in one little corner of the sculpture.  It was probably several stories high.  Anyway, even with its oddities it's a really fun place to run around.  It's a really big park with lots of sculptures everywhere so it's a good place for busy bodies to get out some energy.  (I will say, though, that at 37 or 38 weeks pregnant, it  was  kind of a haul to get all around the park!  I did not go to the gym that day!)





Sweet friends who went with us to the sculpture park.

Later in August was Nathan and Isaac's first day of school.  Nathan is in Kindergarten this year and Isaac is in Pre-K 3.  Nathan is full-time and Isaac goes three days a week.  They both love their teachers.  Jimmy and I love them, too!  I got the privilege to work at their school for three semesters so I  already knew their teachers.  One of the things we will miss the most about St. Louis is the boys' school.  There is not a teacher there I wouldn't be very excited for them to have.  So, if you're in St. Louis and looking for a good school, let me know!  I've got a great recommendation!



No comments: