Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Priorities

Yesterday we celebrated a neighbor's third birthday by breaking a pinata. A bunch of the neighborhood kids came out and all took their turns batting at it until (a long time later) the birthday girl's six-year-old brother finally broke it open. And there was much rejoicing. Isaac and Nathan were told they could each have one piece of candy, but Isaac still gathered as much as he could hang on to, to save for later. And then he hoarded it. I mean, we all have our priorities.

Should I get up or sit here and protect my candy? Definitely the latter.

Why play with other kids when I can sit here and hold on to my winnings?

Counting the booty to make sure it's all still here. Phew, no one took any...yet.

1 comment:

Eve said...

Wow, a very disciplined child not to sneak-eat some! Nice going Isaac. :)