Nathan. Nathan is going to pre-Kindergarten every morning and is loving it. He's at our church's school where he went last year (and where I taught). Well, I think he loves it, at least! He doesn't tell me much about it. He likes to keep school secrets :) He's got a new friend at school who is coming over for an afternoon playdate tomorrow and apparently the other little boy is VERY excited, as is Nathan!

Nathan loves dressing up, as you can see above. He is enjoying wearing his old Halloween costumes and mixing and matching the pieces.
He's also enjoying cutting every chance he gets, which is often. I have paper and scissors and tape that the boys can use and so Nathan really likes to cut out various animals and tape pieces of paper together to make funny things. In the above picture I think he taped these two pieces of cut paper onto his face to be a mean mouth and probably turn himself into a dinosaur. (Yes, he's still obsessed with dinosaurs....I know much more about them than I ever cared to know!)Nathan also loves playing with his friends in our neighborhood. In the picture below his friend, who is almost 7, is reading to him. That little boy is so sweet to Nathan and the other younger kids.
Here he is on his first day of school this year. He was so excited!
Isaac and I are really enjoying spending more time together this year. I am now staying home full-time (yippieeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!) and during Toby's nap in the morning it's just Isaac and Mommy. I haven't had much time with Isaac by himself because Nathan was always with us. I am enjoying getting to know Isaac better as an individual and not just in relation to Nathan. Toby is 4 months old and he's a good sleeper and good eater. He loves to smile with those cute dimples! He also loves to laugh. It's hard to get a good video of him laughing, though, because as soon as I get out the camera he gets very serious :) When I clean up his neck he just thinks it's the funniest thing ever. He also gave the doctor some great belly laughs when she was checking out his abdomen the other day.
He's always exploring! He loves to chew on his hands and will sometimes pop out his paci to get his fingers in his mouth. He's rolled over a few times and I can't believe that the time is coming near when he'll be mobile! Wow, times flies faster and faster with each child!

Life is really good right now :)
Up soon: pictures from our trip to Virginia in August!
3 comments:
Great to get caught up with you all (where are the pics of you :)). Glad you're doing well - the kids all look great! xx
Suzanne! Thanks for updating the blog! Those of us who don't live nearby love to know (and see)! Miss living two doors down and seeing you and those cute boys. Love to all!
Reading about Nathan's love for dinosaurs reminds me of a cartoon I saw once - I wish I could find it online for you, but it's a graph with "Knowledge about dinosaurs" on the Y axis and "Age" on the X axis and the two peaks in the chart are age 4 and age "Parent of a 4 year old." So funny. Glad to hear you're all doing well!
Post a Comment