Saturday, November 20, 2010

Toby is 6 months, Nathan is a cowboy

Our sweet little Toby is 6 months old! How did that happen?!?! I think with each child, time flies more and more quickly. Before you know it I'll have grandchildren (my mother assures me that I'll blink and be a grandmother). Anyway, here are some fun facts about The Tobster:

*27 inches, 18.7 pounds (hovering around the 50th% in both)
*sleeps 13 hours a night (not straight through)
*takes two naps, usually 2-3 hours each
*no teeth....yet!
*rolls both ways and can move pretty quickly
*loves putting everything in his mouth
*prefers his fingers over a paci
*very laid-back
*quick to smile and laugh, but doesn't talk unless it's pretty quiet
*enjoys when his big brothers entertain him
*almost sitting
*still on an all-milk diet...but we plan to start solids soon!

Speaking of solids, here are some pictures of his first taste of anything other than milk. I had some extra butternut squash from a recipe so I decided to steam and puree it. As you will be able to tell from the pictures, I would not say Toby has asked for it again.

He's all smiles because he hasn't tried it yet.




Oh well, it was still fun to see him try it. I guess we should get on with it, though, and feed him more solids :)

Here are some sibling pictures from Toby's six-month photo shoot. It only took a million tries to get the first picture (which, in all honesty, isn't the best).



I mentioned Toby is laid-back, right? As long as he's got those fingers in his mouth, nothing his big brothers can do will phase him.






Have you noticed a theme in these last few pictures, which were taken on different days? Nathan LOVES costumes. Right now he's obsessed with this cowboy costume. Don't tell him, but my mom is getting him cowboy boots for Christmas :)

No comments: