Monday, January 23, 2012

Babymoon/Anniversary Trip

Before the birth of each of our children we have tried to go away for about 24 hours. It's been a really nice break before we launch back into the work of a newborn. This time it coincided with our 6th anniversary, which was July 23. We got away thanks to wonderful grandparents!

We went to The Jefferson, a fancy schmancy hotel in Richmond, VA where we spent the first two nights of our honeymoon. On Sunday morning we went to their champagne brunch. Oh. My. Goodness. I cannot even begin to put into words the gluttony that is The Jefferson's champagne brunch. It was a completely full breakfast + a completely full lunch (complete with carving stations) + a completely full line of amazing desserts + unlimited champagne. And ice sculptures. Until that day I had never eaten so much that I was literally uncomfortable and in pain. And that was only from breakfast food! (Ok, I admit it....I also had dessert.) It probably didn't help that I was about 34 weeks pregnant.

Anyway, here's a picture of the outside of the hotel and then a picture of the happy couple.
Funny story about this picture of us. When we were taking it I felt like we were really close together. I was thinking, "Oh, this will be cute, we're finally close for a picture." But no, our heads are not close at all. I just think I felt like that because my belly was so utterly gigantic (this picture does not do the huge belly justice). It made everything feel close!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

what a cute couple! you've still got it!!