In October we went to to California to celebrate Grandma Brock's 90th birthday. Most people might find it absolutely nuts to take a family of six, whose children range from 6 weeks to 5 years, on a cross-country flight to stay for four days. And those people would be right. It was crazy. But there was no way we were going to miss it. Jimmy and I have a very close relationship with his grandparents. Though he grew up 3,000 miles away from them, he moved to California for college and that's when an already close relationship really grew. Then I moved out there, fell in love with them, and we went to visit them every chance we got. We've been back to California once a year since we moved in 2008.
Grandma Brock is someone I would be more than happy to emulate in this life. She is a godly woman who loves her family and her husband so well. She has the ability to make every grandchild and great-grandchild feel like the favorite. She made Jimmy a quilt for our wedding that is stunning--and she didn't even follow a pattern! She's very talented. I'm so glad that we got to go, even though the logistics of the trip were kind of crazy :)
![]() |
| Great-Grandpa and Nathan playing Wii bowling. Great-Grandpa usually wins, but I think Nathan might have won one game. |
| Great-Grandpa holding Zach. |
| Great-Grandpa with Isaac and Toby. |
| Isaac pushing Toby on Great-Grandma's walker. |
| Andrea and Katie came up to visit! What wonderful friends!!!!!!!!! They drove several hours for a couple of hours to visit with us. |
| Toby examining Aunt Betty's cake. |
| Wayne made balloon animals for the kiddos. |
| Malachi loving on Zach. |
| Great-Grandma and Toby. |
| What a cute couple!!! |

1 comment:
LOVE all the pics, especially the one of Malachi and Zach. I was so glad you all made the trip. I really wish we lived closer so we could see ech other more, but I'll take what visits we can get! :)
Post a Comment