Thursday, June 24, 2010

Toby's birth story...5.5 weeks later :)

Since I hadn't gotten my blogging second wind when Toby was born, I'll have to update you on his arrival now. Here's a brief recap of May 17, 2010.

6:00--I get up because I can't sleep since I know what's coming. (I had asked to be induced that day.)

8:00--Jimmy and I arrive at the hospital

8:00-11:00--Check in, listen to our nurse talk, and talk, and talk, and talk, and talk.....

11:00--Doctor checks me, I'm not in labor but am very far along, and breaks my water.

Nothing happens for a while and then....

1:10--Contractions start and I go straight into transition (that's the most painful part of labor, right at the end)

2:30--Toby is born after only 1 hour 20 minutes of labor and only one real push. (Side note--my children like to be born on the 1/2 hour...Nathan was 7:30 pm, Isaac was 4:28 pm, and Toby was 2:30 pm.)

It was a great experience, at a great hospital, with a great doctor. Jimmy and I chose to stay on the hospital for the full 48 hours after the birth and that was possible thanks to his mom who stayed with Nathan and Isaac.

Here are some hospital & going home pictures for your viewing pleasure :)













2 comments:

Bunch of Barrons said...

Glad it went well for y'all! With Merrick my water broke at home and I went into a 20 hour long labor...misery. With Tirzah I didn't even realize I was IN labor because my water hadn't broken so I thought to myself "this doesn't hurt bad enough yet...I can't be in labor". Get to the hospital, thinking they'll send me home, and I'm 8 centimeters. She was born about an hour later with only about 20 minutes of pushing, as opposed to 2.5 hours of pushing with Merrick. They were so totally different.

In Everything said...

I am soo jealous of the ONE push!! My #4 baby... I pushed for 1.5 hours... he was a BIG ONE, but still THAT much pushing for my 4th!

I had very light contractions when I went to the hospital and was 7/8 cm! When my water was borken... yeee-haw.. transition here I come! I can soo relate!!

Good to see you! I recognize you from CBC.. I attended Longwood while you were a youth and you might have gone to camp the year I went as a counselor:) I"m an OLD lady:)