Saturday, March 29, 2008
St. Louis (Part II)
Well, there weren't very many good photo-ops while we were in St. Louis, so this is mostly going to be our trip to the zoo. The first picture is from the snow on Easter morning. It was Nathan's first experience with snow. He liked it, but on the way to the car (this picture) he started saying "Cold. Cold," I assume because he was cold. It wasn't really all that cold, which was nice because none of us took winter jackets. :)
On Tuesday Jimmy was interviewing all day for a full tuition scholarship to Covenant. Nathan and I decided to go to the zoo. Let me tell you, walking around a hilly zoo with a 20-month-old who wants to get out of the stroller when you're 34 weeks pregnant is not the easiest thing in the world. It was fun to go, though. I don't have any great shots of us with the animals because (1) it's hard to take a picture of us when there's not a third person to do the shooting and (2) I didn't want to take Nathan out of his stroller very often because getting him to go back in can be a struggle (and I wasn't about to walk around with him running along beside me--or just running away--while I pushed an empty stroller!). Here was the highlight: the Asian elephants. When we first got to the exhibit (which I'd been telling him about all morning), we didn't see them and I was about to be very disappointed. They were just on the other side, though, so we found them eventually.
Nathan looking at the elephants. We had to stay at the exhibit for about 15 minutes, until the elephants walked away to where we couldn't see them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What great pics!! Your zoo writings reminded me of an entry I wrote back when I was hugely pregnant (maybe even 34 weeks??) with Lily and Eli was 20 months old... I bet you slept really well, or at least as well as a hugely pregnant mama can, that night. :) I had to smile; our experiences with our boys and bellies at the zoo were almost identical. I'm thinking about you!
Post a Comment