Thursday, February 7, 2008
Arrive on time!
You may be thinking that this post is about people who show up late, or my desire for baby number two to come on time, but it's not. It's about how annoying it is when people show up to your home 15 minutes early! FOUR times in the past two weeks Jimmy and I have been hosting something at our home and people have shown up 15 minutes early. These aren't people that we generally just hang out with so it's a little weird to say "um, just sit there for a while until we're ready." We have just barely finished dinner so I have to clean up with them around, and Nathan is not ready for bed so Jimmy is in the back getting him ready for bed and the guests are just sitting around staring at the walls because they came FIFTEEN MINUTES BEFORE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO. These events are recurring events so you would think that the first time they showed up early and we were obviously not ready they would have learned and come on time. Or, you might think we would have learned our lesson, but the guests told us they wouldn't come until the designated time the second time so we weren't assuming they would show up early again! In my opinion, it's just as rude (or more so, since I tend to be a late person :)) to show up to someone's home that early and expect them to be ready to entertain you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hear ya, sister! As a fellow late-arriver, I panic at the very thought of someone arriving early to my place simply because I KNOW I won't be ready, so I had to smile and laugh as I read your post. :)
Post a Comment