Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day 2008 is off to a good start (despite Nathan being sick yesterday and us not getting to go to MOMS today...see #3 as to why it was just fine that we didn't go):
1. Nathan slept until 7:30 this morning instead of 5:00 like yesterday morning.
2. When I came out to the living room there was a beautiful purple orchid waiting for me with a note so I didn't have to wonder who'd left it. :)
3. Nathan got to play with his Papa for about 2 hours. (Papa has more energy than mommy at the moment...)
4. I am baking a Coconut Choco Cheesecake for tonight's dessert and it looks like it will be good (I think I gained weight just making it without eating any of the batter).
5. Jimmy is making a dinner of Jamaican Jerk salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, salad, grilled asparagus, and bread.
6. I get to give him a gift I'm very excited about. :)

3 comments:

Ulie said...

How did the rest of your Valentine's Day go? What a great morning!! I LOVE the pic of you and Jenni btw, just forgot to post a comment. E's given up his nap, so not much comp time for me now. :(
The suspense is killing me! What was the wonderful mystery gift you gave your hubby?? (if you can share it, that is... ;) )

Suzanne said...

The rest of Valentine's day was good. Jimmy made dinner and I made a cheesecake (I'll have to post pictures of dinner later :)) and I gave him a t-shirt from his college and a car decal from there, too. The reason I was excited about it is that his college is kind of far away from us and I had been able to keep the fact that I'd gone there to get the stuff a secret! That's a big deal for me. :)

Ulie said...

Wow that is SO COOL!!! You are so creative and thoughtful, Suzanne! The cheesecake sounds awesome, too. And because I'm typing to fast to write out another comment, those orchids are gorgeous. Well done, both of you! :)