Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Men

The other day Nathan spent at least 30 minutes, perhaps even 45 just cruising from one end of the coffee table to the other. Right now it's cleared off because if we don't clear it, he will (which is not so useful to a mom who has enough junk to pick up off the floor) and is acting as a barrier to the balcony. I like to have the sliding glass door open and the screen door closed so we get some breeze, but I don't like the thought of Nathan either opening the screen door (we can't lock it) or pushing through the screen. So, the coffee table, which is quite large and heavy, is the barrier to the outside. We thought about putting it in one of the closets because we like the open space in the living room area for Nathan to have plenty of floor area to play on, but it's the perfect height for him to pull to standing and guard the balcony. I didn't realize how entertaining cruising from one end of a 4-foot table to the other could be, but there are pretty flowers on the balcony to see! I don't know what he's pointing here, but I think when he was pointing he was probably screaming (which he does when he's excited about anything). Oh, and you're seeing correctly; he always points with his middle finger. I will probably try to curb that behavior when he's starting school but for now, it's pretty cute.

Here's Jimmy on his first father's day with a baby. We celebrated last year, but it's different this year with almost a full year of fathering under his belt. The card that Nathan got him had a sticker which he proudly displayed. :)

No comments: