Friday, June 15, 2007
What?
I turned on the TV today to the local news. The first two stories were quite disturbing. In the first story, a child (pre-schooler, I'm assuming) brought little baggies of heroin to school and passed them to his classmates saying they were candy. The children are all fine; the teachers called the paramedics once they figured out what was going on. The second story was about how a neighborhood Applebee's served a margarita (instead of apple juice) to a 2-year-old in a sippy cup. The restaurant said that they keep the apple juice and the pre-mixed margarita in identical plastic containers behind the counter. Yeah, because no one could have seen that that would be a problem someday. In light of these two stories, I hope you have enjoyed your time with Nathan until now. He will not be leaving the apartment until he's 30. You are welcome to visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The heroin story is so absurd and upsetting. I can't even begin to imagine how the parents of the children must have felt.
Suzanne-
A similar thing happened at Alexandria Country Day School- there was a staff party with margarita's at night, and they put leftover pitchers in the fridge. The next day they served it to the children for snack thinking it was limeade.
Post a Comment